State of Vermont

Department of Public Service

Consumer Complaint

General Information 
    You may use this form to make complaints against regulated utility companies (electric,
    telephone, cable, natural gas and privately owned water companies) and for complaints against
    unregulated broadband and wireless telephone providers. You may also provide comments, ask
    questions or seek assistance with utility related issues.

    Shortly after we receive this form, you will receive an e-mail or call from a staff person to
    acknowledge your submission and request additional information. If you do not receive a
    response within two business days, you may call 800-622-4496 or e-mail to confirm that your submission was received.

    The Consumer Affairs and Public Information (CAPI) division at the Department of Public
    Service will respond to you as soon as possible and will likely have several questions to ask you.
    We appreciate your providing as much information as you can. CAPI will
    contact the utility company informally about your concern and will request a response.
    Companies have fourteen days to provide a response in writing. It is common for the
    utility company to contact you first to try to resolve the issue before reporting back to CAPI. For
    alternative ways to reach CAPI, visit our contact page.

Consumer Affairs and Public Information 
Please enter the type of utility & name of the company.
If this is a complaint about your service, please select "Account Holder".
If you are submitting a complaint on behalf of someone else choose one of the other two options.
An "authorized person" is someone who has the permission of the account holder to discuss the account with the company.
Complainant Phones 
Please provide the phone number associated with your account and a number that we can use to contact you (if different).
Use the plus(+) sign at the bottom of the panel to add additional info.
Complainant Address 
If your mailing address and service address are different, please provide both.
Use the plus (+) sign at the bottom of the panel to add additional info.
Utility Account Holder 
Utility Account Holder Address 
Utility Account Holder Telephone 
Alternate Contact for Complaint 
Entry Details 
File Attachment 
Include copies of supporting documents. Click on the to add multiple documents
EDocument Upload